We are delighted to be holding a Platform Professionals Retreat on 14 & 15 October. Two full days of wonderful content from some of Australia's finest.
Look at the strong line up of speakers and topics:
- Maz Farrelly - Your very own reality TV show
The speaking business and show business, we’re not that different. If we don’t grab attention in the first 30 seconds our audience is gone and they are not coming back. For me in my previous life, that’s $30 million down the drain. Now, in the speaking world, it’s not that different. If I’m dull, my audience is gone, attention is gone, there’s no engagement, just bad reviews, and before you know it, the work has dried up and I’m off to open a cake shop in Bathurst.
This workshop will challenge the way you think about yourself and your business. You will create your own TV reality show and rediscover who you are and what you do. And it’s fun.
- Yamini Naidu CSP - Articulating your x-factor
Yamini will help us articulate our X factor. This statement embodies three ideas that best represent you, combining to create a portrait or representation that is unique to you.
In Yamini's case, for example, ‘the world’s only economist turned Bollywood-dancing business storyteller’. Think of your X factor statement as a personal tag line. This distilling gives you one way (not the only way) of expressing something that is notoriously hard to pin down. The results with Yamini's clients have been transformative.
- Jane Anderson CSP - The High-Performing Speaking Business
How to increase the speed of your workflow, delegate more and scale your business in the next 90 days.
- Learn about the top five speaking business trends that you need to be on your radar over the next 12-18 months.
- Discover the three specific activities that high-performing speakers use to systemise their business.
- Uncover the number one obstacle holding you back from elevating to a high-performing speaking business.
- Explore the key action steps that you need to take in the next 90 days to streamline, elevate and scale your speaking business.
- Louise Mahler CSP - Vocal Intelligence
Six keynotes a week, three days of training or facilitating emotionally charged events. How do you save yourself? Forget your mindset. Forget your diet. If you don’t have your voice, you have nothing.
In this session we’ll explore your voice, how you work with it and how you can protect it.
- Randal Killip - Solving the mystery of successful media engagement
Director of Profile For Media and one of Australia’s leading PR professionals, Randal Killip, will take the audience through a journey on how they can create quality and positive media coverage in today’s challenging 24-7 media cycle that will help build their profile, reputation and present them as a leading authority in their field of expertise.
- Amanda Stevens - Speaker Marketing Masterclass
Amanda Stevens will share her proven formula for building a magnetic speaker brand, how to optimise your website, be a stand-out name in bureau land and create viral content for social platforms.
- Jon Yeo - How to condense your content without losing impact
Attention spans are reducing. The average TikTok ad is only 10 seconds. In 2004, the average TED talk was 18 minutes, but by 2018 most people abandoned these ‘lengthy’ clips at nine minutes. And in 2022, they abandoned them at five minutes. All that effort to craft the perfect 18 minute speech… only to lose the audience after five. Ouch!
Clients are asking for shorter sessions, more engagement and even greater outcomes. How do we deliver more impact, in less time?
In this session you will:
- Learn the strategies used to boost the Net Promoter Score of the TEDx events from 50 (already considered a good score) to 90! (Engagement on steroids!)
- Workshop your own content to reduce length, but preserve impact
- Learn Jon’s 5-step process for creating a compelling 2 minute narrative to keep people engaged
- Michael Plenner and Louise Mahler CSP - Expanding your streams
Training vs speaking. Adding retreats. What are you doing to expand your streams?
You will also hear from Hon Fran Bailey
- Ingrid Maynard - Sales in the New World
Additional key points about the Platform Professionals Retreat:
- The retreat will be held over two days and one night in the beautiful Yarra Valley, Victoria
- Each session will provide you with practical implementable strategies and profound insights to ensure you leave this event with a plan that will generate massive momentum for you in the following 12 months.
- There are limited places - only a maximum of 25 places are available.
- Registration includes morning and afternoon tea and lunch on both days and dinner on Friday 14 October.
- Special Accommodation rates have been negotiated (details in confirmation email)
*NOTE: Platform Professionals™ events are open to speakers who have achieved the Certified Speaking Professional (CSP) designation or earn in excess of $250,000 in speaking related revenue in the past 12 months (this must be substantiated by a statutory declaration provided by PSA). If you are not a CSP please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 1300 739 993 regarding registering and you will be required to complete an Eligibility Statutory Declaration to attend.
PSA’s Values in Action Policy applies to this Event