For us all to work together to support each other during the current challenging climate we will be running our normal Chapter meet-ups as Chapter HUGs via Zoom. You are welcome to join any of the state chapter HUGs as we share the love across the country. All of these events are free to members. Guests can also join the HUGs for a small registration charge.
The NSW Octorber HUG will be held on 15 October at 6:00pm and we are delighted to have Kate Burr present for us.
How to Use Humour for Engagement on Webinars, Online Training and Virtual Events
Do you want to add more humour to your presentations?
Do you wish you were a funnier speaker so you could get more gigs or charge higher fees?
Have you heard that “It's important to be funny if you want to get paid” but have no idea how where to start?
If you want to deliver your message with more laughs, more entertainment and more engagement (especially online!), this session will help you to use humour:
- in a way that’s not awkward, embarrassing or uncomfortable for you
- that will engage your audience and get your message to really pop
- and will keep you top of mind with your audience, prospects and clients long after you have finished talking.
A must-attend event for every Coach, Virtual Speaker and Online Presenter
During the session, there will be an opportunity to do a live demonstration on how to find the humour in any topic. If you really want to have greater influence and make more of an impact, you can prepare for this event by thinking of a specific topic, or part of your presentation where you think humour will help, and you might be one of the lucky people Kate will workshop with live during the session.
BULLET POINT TAKEAWAYS:
Kate will be going through:
- The secrets that professional comedians use to have their audiences in stitches.
- Why you should never tell jokes and what you should do instead.
- How to use humour and still be taken seriously.
- How to deliver your humour so it is 100% risk-free - if it doesn’t work no-one will ever know and your dignity will remain intact!
- How you can make people laugh even if you aren’t a funny person.
- 9 places to seamlessly integrate relevant humour into your presentation that will support your key messages and not overshadow them.
- A demonstration of live humour writing with the group to show the process.
- The 3 key areas to work on if you want to improve your humour.
Kate Burr is a Humour Coach and Award Winning Comedian who helps people to be funny on purpose and develop their Comic Intelligence. Kate makes sure humour is used to support your key messages, brand and personality. In business, the primary reason for humour isn’t laughter; it’s engagement - as better engaged prospects, clients, teams and audiences leads to better business relationships, performance and results.
With over 15 years of experience as a Stand Up Comedian, Event MC & Speaker, Kate brings her extensive knowledge and skills to teach Speakers, Leaders, Business Owners and Coaches how to use humour effectively to communicate their message.
Rather than just telling a joke to make people laugh, Kate focuses on using humour with the purpose to engage and influence your audience. Creator of the FUNNY ON PURPOSE FORMULA, Kate has “left-brained” comedy by adding her own templates, checklists, laugh data and reference maps methodology which she uses to help teach humour and engagement to others.
Kate teaches you to use humour in a way that helps you be confident, funny and engaging while creating a fantastic experience for your market!
Once you have registered to attend (Members for FREE, Guests $25), you will receive a confirmation email providing you with information on joining the webcast.