Session 1: Getting More Speaking Gigs – Why only SOME speakers find success with Dave Staughton CSP
The market for speakers and experts has never been so competitive. There are now more than ten thousand paid speakers in Australia. We are also awash with FREE Speakers and information online. So how do you get to speak on huge platforms and earn the big bucks?
In this highly interactive session Dave will cover:
- The DOs and DON’Ts of getting booked by Speaker Bureaus
- Less is More - transitioning from Workshops to Keynotes
- Perfect Positioning - Picking the right topics at the right time
- Practice Pays! – Nobody ever learnt to speak at a seminar
- What to Avoid - The biggest speaker mistakes I ever made
About Dave Staughton www.davidstaughton.com.au
Dave Staughton CSP CCEO is a business guru and speaking legend. Dave was awarded the 2017 PSA Nevin Award, he’s been on the PSA Board and twice been convenor of the PSA Convention. He knows a LOT of speakers and many things about the business of speaking.
For the last eight years he has been helping and advising ICMI – the biggest speakers bureau in Australia. Recently he has been working on their talent development strategy and analysed the secrets of thousands of successful and starving speakers.
Dave’s best mate is Scott Pape, the Barefoot Investor. Scott knows how to write best-selling books and build a powerhouse brand. Dave learned a lot from Scott.
If you come along to this session he promises NOT to show his 175 slides of the most awesome and amazing stuff for speakers. Dave will however share his biggest mistakes and regrets - he has spent TONS of money on speaker development and implemented BUGGER ALL.
He will also tell you some great stories and reveal just a FEW key things you should do and stop doing if you want to be a more successful speaker. You can even ask him LOTS of questions and he will probably be very blunt and outspoken. Some people might even CRY.
Session 2: Lights, Camera, Kit: What You Need and How To Get Rolling! with Joyce Ong
Watch this short video to see what Joyce has planned for the night:
What is the most effective medium for your audience to connect with you? Video.
Video is the best way for potential clients to see your presentation style, what you’re all about, and how the audience reacts during your presentation. And with the reach of social media, it is now easier than ever for professional speakers to broadcast from their home office. However, there are a few key steps to get right before we start, and this session will focus on what you need to know to generate amazing videos.
Joyce will walk us through the basics of how to frame and create beautiful sets from what you have around you. How to best record sound, how to set up lighting, which accessories and programs to use, and explain all of those little technical things that trip people up. If you want to up the quality of your video game, do not miss this session.
In this action packed session, you will learn:
- Cameras – Phones vs. GoPros vs. DSLRs vs. Video Cameras
- Framing and Angles - the best way to frame your shots to look great
- Audio – different types of microphones and when to use them
- Lighting – types of lights and how to set up basic 3 point lighting
- Accessories - tripods, gimbals, selfie sticks and teleprompter options
- Backgrounds – green screen vs. all white background vs. a constructed ‘set’ vs. plants and furniture
- Editing Hacks - which programs to use when editing on a Mac vs. PC vs. phone
- Thumbnail Images, Transcripts and Subtitle Options
- Uploading and Getting Views - best lengths and times to post on each platform
About Joyce Ong
Joyce Ong is an international videographer, photographer, author and educator. Recently returned from filming a documentary in Africa, Joyce is the founder and Director of New Heights Media; working with professionals to produce quality media content.
With close to 10 years’ experience in media production, Joyce is a highly sought after producer, both domestically and internationally, with clients in Australia, S.E. Asia, L.A and South Africa. Joyce is thrilled to be presenting at the Brisbane chapter after her last Monday Masterclass at the National PSA Convention on the Gold Coast.